Thursday, February 19, 2009

The inevitable half-way-through-the-quarter drag of procrastination has a full grip on my ankles at this point. I'm goin down. Atleast i'm havin fun, but seriously, I should probably get some shit done.

The TED talks video of Juan Enriquez was quite fascinating... I feel that there is so much technology out there that I have no idea exists. It seems so surreal whenever I hear about stem-cells being created from skin, or whatever. Are we going to become competely engulfed in technology? I've never really thought about nanotechnology so much before.

3 comments:

  1. What if we have always been engulfed by technology? And what we are seeing is the water go over our heads, finally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have kinda though about that... back in the 50's and even before that what did people think about the technology that was being invented then? were they as technologically overwhelmed as i feel we are now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have always been engulfed by technology, but it will ever go over our heads. Water levels keep rising, but it's all the same when you're floating on top.
    BTW. I watched a video about nuclear powered airplanes in the 50's today. Radioactive exhaust everywhere. Total Burroughs wet dream.

    ReplyDelete