Monday, January 19, 2009

English 101 was painful. But this class is not! It's kinda fun... The use of visuals, looney tunes for example, is fun and shows some interesting idea. Its funny how as a young kid I never picked up on some of the funny little things in those cartoons... Like in Duck A-muc, when Daffy has a flag flying from his tail. It has a screw, and a baseball on it. Screw ball! Hahahahaha! I wonder if they throw those things in for the parents, or just for their own sake. I really like them though.

While turning my pataphor into an N+7 oulipo I found myself being sucked into the black hole of words: The Dictionary. This particular edition had little color pictures for some of the words! Which didn't help. I've had this problem before, and its quite a predicament. I get sidetracked when looking up words, my eyes travel accross the page, I see an interesting word, and I have to see what it means... Then I see another and another and another. And then I've been there for ten minutes and I haven't looked up a single word I was meaning to, and I probably won't remember any of the ones I did look at. Eventually, I finished my N+7, and it turned out really weird, but pretty cool. I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. There are certainly worse fates than being sucked into the dictionary! I am glad that you are enjoying the work!

    ReplyDelete